Are you thinking about improving your home? What developments add the most value? Read our latest article – you will be surprised!
We have already helped Home Owners, Property Developers & Buy-to-Let investors sell their properties. Word is getting around town that Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes) is selling houses in Sheffield.
To help people prepare to sell their house, we have already written articles on How to Find an Estate Agent to Sell Your Home and 7 Awesome Things You Can Lean to Sell Your House Quickly so it stands to reason, we should share some interesting facts & figures on what improvements add the most value to your home.
WHICH IMPROVEMENTS CAN ADD THE MOST VALUE TO YOUR HOME?
Most people believe that a new bathroom adds the most value to a house but in fact, a recent article published in Zoopla reveals that a loft conversion can increase a typical home by an average of £11,020.
Less expensive improvements can increase the value of your home as well such as, installing bi-folding doors can add value in excess of £5,000 or even a garage conversion adding almost an extra £5,000 in value. By comparison, a typical home extension can only increase a house value by little more than just £4,000.
SO, WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR HOME IMPROVEMENTS IN THE UK?
Since 2013, British home owners have spent in excess of £40 billion on property improvements. According to the estate agency association NAEA Propertymark, the top 10 projects in the UK are:
|Most popular home improvements for homeowners||Percentage of homeowners||Average spent per improvement|
|New doors (external & internal)||28%||£906|
|Decking /patio alterations||18%||£1,001|
|Building a conservatory||11%||£4,310|
WHICH IMPROVEMENTS CAN ADD THE MOST VALUE TO A HOME?
- Creating an open-plan living space: adds an average of £46,504
- Loft conversion: adds an average of £24,255
- Extension: adds an average of £6,456
- New kitchen: adds an average of £3,509
- Conservatory: adds an average of £3,155
- A loft conversion could increase the sale price of a typical home by an average of £11,020
- Installing a new bathroom is the most popular home improvement but a loft conversion can have a greater impact upon a property’s value
- Smaller improvements such as installingbi-folding doors or carrying out a garage conversion could be viable alternatives to enhancing your property’s value
Would you like to find out the value of your home? Call Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes) on 0114 470 4715 or e-mail email@example.com for a free market appraisal.