Read our latest article on how Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes) can help you prepare and market your property for the 2020/21 academic year.
Sheffield Landlords. Is your property ready to be advertised for the 2020/21 academic year?
Timing is crucial and at Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes), we are already working on our marketing campaign launch for the 20202/21 academic year.
In just a few weeks’ time, we will be advertising studios. 1 & 2-bedroom apartments and rooms in houses for student accommodation for students who will be studying at the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University (city & Collegiate campuses) and Sheffield College. We will also be advertising properties serving the Royal Hallamshire & Northern General Hospitals as well as nearby NHS Sheffield Teaching Hospital and the University of Sheffield Medical School.
We wrote an article earlier this year with some useful tips for landlords. You can click here to read this important article.
What are students looking for in a rental property these days?
We show hundreds of students around properties all over Sheffield so we have put together a list of features that students are looking for in their next property:
- Location. It’s so important to get this right. Students want to be within easy walking distance to their university campus however, feedback that we receive is that they are also looking for somewhere close to local amenities E.g. shops, bars & restaurants, parks and good links to public transport.
- Value for money. Landlords who invest in that little bit extra often achieve the rent they require and will have their property let ahead of others E.g. a flat screen TV in a lounge, houses that offer communal areas for students to get together, functional kitchen, clothes drying facilities, heated towel racks and ensuite bathrooms to name a few.
- Cleanliness. Attention today to cleanliness will help your property stand out from the rest. Simple things like clean ovens, bathtubs / showers re-sealed, and extra attention to bathrooms and kitchens in general.
- Well maintained premises. Having your property well maintained regularly will not only secure good tenants, jobs requiring attention today can save you £££’s if attended to promptly E.g. areas that are prone to damp and mould, worn mattresses, threadbare carpets, damage to walls etc. A well maintained property offering modern fixtures & fittings in a clean environment with a maintained garden will always attract tenants.
- Bills Included. Most students look for a bills included within the rent. Utilities such as gas, electricity and water as well as internet and TV licence are important to everybody. Offering a hassle-free rental package which includes bills will attract tenants to your home. At Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes), we have partnered with UniHomes who are a well respected and leading bills inclusive provider. Ask us how we can help you offer bills included at no cost to you.
- Is your advertising material up to date and accurate? Are you maximising on your advertising by featuring your property in online platforms where students search for their next home? At Nicholas Humphreys (Sheffield – Broomhill & Crookes), we know that over 95% of students search for their property online and we have a heavy advertising footprint in online advertising portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla, www.onthemarket.com, Spare Room, StuRents, our own Nicholas Humphreys website which receives over 40,000 enquiries per month plus more.
It’s time to act now and have your property ready for advertising for the 2020/21 academic year.
Need help? Contact us on 0114 470 4715 or email at email@example.com Our office is open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.