With branches across England including nearby offices in Coventry, Birmingham, and Hatfield; Nicholas Humphreys Estate Agents in Northampton is in an enviable position of being able to provide professional landlords and tenants with expert knowledge to let your property.
Should you be a landlord looking to rent a student property in Northampton whether it be a 1 bed studio flat or an 8-bedroom HMO, please speak with our experienced student letting team to consider your best options.
We’re confident that with our specialist student knowledge and competitive rates, alongside our excellent service, that with our Introduction Only or Fully Managed service options will satisfy landlord’s needs.
So, we’ve tailored our services to meet the needs of our landlords and are pleased to offer two main levels of service:
Introduction Only Service
This service is ideal for landlords with experience of managing their own properties and legislative requirements.
Included In This Service are as Follows.
- Visit the property with the landlord to appraise and provide an indication of the likely rent achievable. We would make any recommendations to the landlord on improvements that could help the property achieve a faster let or an increased rental value.
- Arrange marketing photographs and information on the property to advertise on our marketing portals (including Rightmove and Nicholas Humphreys.com) to attract as many potential tenants as possible.
- Contact potential tenants we have on our database.
- Conduct accompanied viewings on the property.
- Receive applications, ensuring referencing and financial checks are of a suitable standard.
- Complete Tenancy and Right to Rent checks.
- Collect the first month’s rent and deposit and send to Landlord’s bank less our fees.
- Pass tenant details and signed tenancy to Landlord to arrange check in.
This service is offered at 60% of one month’s rent (72% inclusive of VAT) payable for each letting where the tenant is introduced through the Agent, with a minimum fee of £400 (£480 inclusive of VAT).
Fully Managed Service
Our Fully Managed service is favoured by landlords looking to reduce the work load of owning their investment properties and include the points from the Introduction service above plus:
- Compete Check in and photographic inventory.
- Register the deposit with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Collect rent and follow up on any rent arrears.
- Rent Paid to Landlords twice a week.
- Monthly statements of income and expenditure.
- Point of contact for your tenants for maintenance and general enquiries.
- Informing the landlord of any reported maintenance issues and source quotations when requested.
- Use our insured and qualified contractors to carry out any maintenance and completion of safety certificates work required during a tenancy.
- Complete emergency maintenance work as required.
- Complete property inspections as required.
- Complete property safety certification as required.
- Complete rent reviews for Landlords.
- Advise the landlord on legal process should they require the property back from their current tenant.
- Complete checkout of the property condition against that stated in the original inventory.
- Deduct monies from the deposit to cover any work that the tenant is liable for.
- Advice and assistance should a deposit turn to a formal dispute.
- Release the deposit to the vacating tenant directly.
Our standard management fee is 12.0% (14.4% including VAT) of the rent received, plus a Set-up Fee of £250.00 (£300 including VAT) and a tenant finder of £200.00 (£240 incl. VAT) payable for each tenant and is deducted by the Agent.
If you are unsure of which service package would work best for you or purely want to market your property in Northampton and would like to take advantage of our attractive offers, expert knowledge, and marketing, please do not hesitate to contact us now to find out how we can help you.