Existing Tenants – Out Of Hours Emergencies
EXISTING TENANTS – OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCIES
The below information only relates to existing tenants occupying a property that is managed by Nicholas Humphreys Estate Agents. If your property is not directly managed directly by Nicholas Humphreys, please contact your Landlord directly to report and discuss any possible repairs or emergencies.
What should I do if I am experiencing an emergency maintenance issue outside of our standard office opening hours?
We are pleased to announce that GPM UK will be available to answer any emergency issues you might have when our office is closed. Should you have any problems at your property which require urgent attention, please contact their office on 01932-212002 or email email@example.com
Definition of an emergency that may require immediate attention: Where lives or health are at risk or there is serious risk to the property. Permanent repairs may be carried out at a later date – the priority is to ensure safety.
The following issues are examples of the type of situation that would be considered as an emergency;
- Total loss of electrical Electrics Sparking/smoking switch/socket
- Spillages of Hazardous fluids/chemicals
- Water system or pump malfunction
- Security alarm malfunction
- Damaged window/access door (if unsecure) – securing the property, eg, doors, windows after a burglary or boarding up a broken window or door
Other examples of emergencies and who to call if you experience one of the following incidents;
- Severe water leak where there is a continuous flow of water, even after the stop tap has been turned off, please call Severn Trent immediately on 0800 783 4444
- Possible gas or carbon monoxide leak – If you suspect there is a gas leak at your property, please ring National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
- Theft/attempted theft, please ring 999
REPAIR NOTICE TO TENANTS
Please note that tenants must not authorise repairs to the property or incur any unauthorised expenses without the express permission of the agent, unless an emergency handled by you in accordance with the tenancy agreement. The cost of any work authorised by you or someone acting on your behalf conducted without our agreement or in accordance with the tenancy agreement may not be reimbursed.
Should you require a locksmith because of lost or mislaid keys, you can call our emergency repairs team on 01932-212002, however please be advised that you will be expected to pay for this directly and at the time of the locksmith attending. It is your responsibility to ensure that any lock is replaced like for like ie if you have a thumb turn lock/keyless exit on the main front or/and back door, this must replaced using the same.